Dissolution Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doublebop Holypaladin [Declined]

2 posters

Go down

Doublebop Holypaladin [Declined] Empty Doublebop Holypaladin [Declined]

Post by Doublebo Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:26 am

Character: Doublebop

Race and Class: Blood elf Male Paladin

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Doublebop/simple

Spec that you're applying as: (Please include links to WOL logs of your recent performances)
i am applying as Holypaladin, and as ive only been to our altraids with this char, i dont have any logs for healing im afraid Sad

Do you have an off spec? How good is your off spec gear?

i do have retri as Offspecc yes, altho not that good (460ilvl currently) as this char is fairly new , cause i was about to reroll from Discpriest to Holypaladin in my current guild, but they cba helping me out, so i cba playing with them really. Raiding is a Team Effort , not a solo.

Are you happy to respec and play to other specs if needed?:
Well, i dont know jack about how to play Paladintank now in MoP when they changed it all. And retri im fairly good at, but as it is now, im really enjoying Holy, as ive been healing more or less for the last 5 years.

What glyphs do you use and why?
MAJOR GLYPHS :
Glyph of Illumination = 1% mana back on Holy Shock Crits isnt to bad.
Glyph of Divine Plea = 5sec cast time on Plea, 4 sec better then 9sec healing reduced.
Glyph of Divinity = 10% mana back every fight thru Lay on Hands

MINOR GLYPHS :
Glyph of Winged Vengeance = 4 Wings instead of 2

/Played time on your character:
53 days in total and 1d 23h @ 90.

Roughly total time played over 700 days .. Played since midvanilla.

What professions do you have? Why did you pick those professions?
i have Blacksmithing and Enchanting. Blacksmithing cause of 2 extra sockets, and Enchanting for 2x 160int enchant on rings.

Do you have any alts you can bring in guild aswell? Armory Link (If your alt is 90 lvl).
Got every Class in the game @ 90 . Altho only 6 of them on this server, and only 5 of them worth playing on. Blood DK (494ilvl in Forst and Blood)
Disc/Shadow priest (492 in both speccs)
Hunter 480ilvl
Rogue 476ilvl

Personal Information

Your Name: Tommie Mains

Age & Gender: 25years old , and Male

Where are you located?: im Located in Southern Sweden

Why do you wish to join Dissolution?: Because, after they wanted me to reroll, i was all hooked up on Holypaladin. Been playing holypaladin since paladin was launched back in TBC.
And now they are sort of ditching me, so i am Ditcinh them.
Your progress looks nice, as nice in you wanna do some HC progress. Other guilds ive been looking into , is roughly not progressing HC at all. I know my gear might be abit low, but dont let the gear fool you. Cause for me its still Skill>Gear . Only really problem atm, is the manaregen.

Describe your internet connection and computer (inc net speed & download limit):
Its always stable. Currently after Blizzard had their ISP issue, ive been on 100MS but normally @ 40 ms with 18mbit down and 0.8mbit upload.

Are you able to take criticism without causing a fuss?
Yes i am. altho if i feel its just nonsese, i would have to ask for an explanation why the person in question is thinkin like that.

Have you ever taken a break from World of Warcraft and why?:
yeah , actually i have. 1 time, between Naxx and ICC in WOTLK . Had some IRL issues i had to deal with. But other then that, nope.

How much longer do you see yourself playing WoW? Untill Blizzard decides to kick me out of the game, and even then imma start an account in another persons name Wink

Raiding Information

Previous Guilds/Current Guild: (Include reason for leaving/desire to leave)
Current guild is Joined as Discopriest because my other guild disbanded due to members Thought content was boring. Currently got 9/16 HC and they wanted me to reroll Holypaladin as our 3rd offhealer is discopriest aswell. So i started to gear this Toon im applying as, went with them in ToES normal ( Protector elite ) Mainly got in cause they wanted to "gear" me up so i could get in the troop. Shoulder token drops, a warlock from our guild wins it altho he has HC shoulders from Garajal. Reason he wanted them was so he could use hes New Heroic Head from Garalon instead, leaving me behind with blue Crafted PVP shoulders.

Generally, we are always missing 2 people in our roster, Raidleader is not really a GM altho her rank is set to that, shes more like " i show up on raids, and play " .. Our recruitment isnt the best, and i just feel like the attitude in the guild, is nothing for me.

What was your guild rank? (gm, officer, member etc)
i am currently trial ( Going into 3rd lockout as trial now )

What pre TBC, BC, WOTLK, Cata, MOP raiding experience do you have?
I have Basicly cleared every content there is to clear.
TBC : Everything on normal
WOTLK : Everything on normal Except Ulduar ( Some on 25man aswell )
Cataclysm : Everything on Normal and Heroic, including Dragon Soul with 10% buff.
Mists of Pandaria : Currently on 9/16 Heroic (6/6 MSV HC and 3/6 HoF) but as stated our roster isnt solid and leaders isnt my type of persons.

Can you move out of fire/void zones on the ground in less than .001 sec?
According to Reaction Benchmark i got a reactiontime of average 215 milliseconds. so .001 Second is roughly impossible, yet i can move out of shit faster then the ticks lands on me Wink

Can you make all our raid nights?
For now i dont see any problems with showing to all raids ( Including altraids if there is any of those )

During raid, is it likely that you may need to go afk for dinner or similar at all? Are you an adult in control of your own playtime or is it dictated for you?
I got a girlfriend, but i decide where and when i wanna eat and such stuff. as im 25yo and living with my GF , i got my own Responsibility.

Link to a screenshot of your Raid UI (In combat if possible),
http://www.ladda-upp.com/bilder/79414/werwewer

On hunter @ Emperor. Altho i have the Raidframes between the unitframes on my healing classes, midscreen roughly.

Describe your key bindings and rotation.

What addons do you use?
i use Elvui, with some extra addons such as DBM OMEN RECOUNT and others.

Are you willing to download/use all the necessary addons that are requied to raid with us? i bet i got all addons worthy to have while raiding Wink

Are you comfortable with the fact that you may not always have a raid spot?
Well , i really do only play the game due to the raiding. as i dont do any PvP or achievement hunting. When im online, i am in a raid most of the times, wether its LFR or Normal. And this " sitting over a raid " is kinda new to me, as i never had to do it before. But yeah if its like for 1 raid or something, it should be possible, but i dont like beeing replaced on bosses due to paladins isnt needed. And passing spots , on bosses wich i dont really need anything really important is fine.

Are you comfortable with the fact that you may have to go on alt during progression/farm raids?
As listed above, the only reason i play the game is to raid. The more the better .. Can go 2-3-4 MSV alt runs in a row if thats wanted .

Do you have the habit of reading up on all new encounters? Do you stay up to date with class changes?
Always Checking vidz, and reading about new bosses and all class changes, MMO-Champion is roughly the best place for me to read up on changes regarding classes, but also Icy-veins and Youtube.

Other Information

Are you ok with golds? Can you afford repair + flask + pots?
Always been supplying my self with best enchants / Flasks / Pots etc and yes i do have gold to raid.

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone?
Wich raider do not have a working microphone ? and yes, i have all Voicechat programs available.

Can you speak and understand English to a good level?
Yes i can, i am sure that u will understand my English during Mumble talk or /ra writing.

Average Latency and FPS during raiding?
Average FPS is 40-100 fps depends on wich fight it is, and latency is as i said before around 100 now when blizzard fucked up their ISP. Before they had the trouble i was stable around 30-40MS , and ive contacted my own ISP, but the problem isnt in their hands, as i got a brand new Modem, LAN Cable and all that from them a month ago.

How did you get information about Dissolution?
A priest was writing in /2 so i thought that i just whisp him if he needed a Paladin healer, altho abit undergeared but yeah.

What sets you apart from other members of your class? (Describe yourself as a player).
Well, sets me appart ? i enjoy the game as its made, i do really put 100% focus into my raiding and things wich have to do with raiding. Always on time, repaired poted flasked fooded etc etc. Not whining, giving suggestions of different tacts there is for a specific boss. Friendly player all in all i would say

What would you bring to Dissolution as a guild?
A solid healer, with a good bunch of humor and on top of that, a bunch of alts aswell Wink

What would you expect from Dissolution as a guild?
I would expect a solid group, with people who knows how to play, and who are willing to progress further into the Heroic content. and i would expect people to show up for raids in time, accepting calendar invites and letting us know when they cant come, in good time so we can eventually find a replacement.

Have you read, and do you agree to, the guild policy?
Yepp, they are roughly the policys and rules ive been raiding under the last 5-6 years so.

Anything in particular you feel you should add to your application?:
Nope not that i can think of now. Maybe to not set alot of focus on my current gear ( Went all LFR parts today 6/2-2013 including SHA and got gold all the way thru ) as im fairly newly dinged, but i know what im doin, how to play the game , and how to heal a 10man raid (2man healed most of the bosses on HC Except Blade lord cause we didnt have paladin for BoP on Wind Step, and Garalon cause the Pheromones is just insane on HC )

Thanks for taking the time to read the application guys. And feel free to ask any questions regarding this Toon or anything .

Have a nice day.
/Doublebop.

Doublebo

Back to top Go down

Doublebop Holypaladin [Declined] Empty Re: Doublebop Holypaladin [Declined]

Post by Aerisya Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:40 am

Remove glyph of ilumination and plea or every minute you have them little elf dies. Teraa, Security - Frostmane
Aerisya
Aerisya

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerisya Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:47 am

He is right, with glyph of illumination u gain 1% mana from holy shock but CRITS only, but losing 10% from Holy Insight, and Holy insight is giving you 50% mana regeneration from spirit while in combat, so with that glyph u are having 40% of mana passive regenaration all the time from Holy Insight instead of 50%, thats alot isnt it?
Aerisya
Aerisya

Back to top Go down

Post by Doublebo Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Is there any really good reason for taking off Divine plea glyph ? i mean , in my world, a 5sec banish would be better then a 9 sec .. altho u get 100% locked to NOT healing while casting plea, and ur just waisting mana healing while plea is going on yeh ? i see how u mean about it, but i havnt had any troubles so far regarding stopping and casting plea and then go again. it is abit like using hymn on priest, u do what you have to do , before you cast I.E casting Spirit Shell or anything to cover the dmg while ur casting.

And for the Illumination Glyph its replaced with protector of the innocent. Since im using WoG pretty often on tanks and others for the Eternal Flame HoT , im getting a few heals my self.

Doublebo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunglove Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi!
As I know shit about holy paladins I'm not gonna go into details.
I liked the application and I think you answered the questions well, e.g:
Can you move out of fire/void zones on the ground in less than .001 sec?
According to Reaction Benchmark i got a reactiontime of average 215 milliseconds. so .001 Second is roughly impossible, yet i can move out of shit faster then the ticks lands on me

Being swedish is also a big plus. Especially south Sweden ;-)
Hunglove
Hunglove

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerisya Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Well what i personally think about Plea glyph is that it is useful on fights already familiar to you, in way you know when u can stop healing and use 5 sec to cast it, without letting others die (no dmg incoming)...

But whats the thing about it, if u are familiar with fight, and you know when u can find time for Plea, isnt that (in most of cases) already farm boss where u dont have mana problems? Bcs dont think on progress boss u can afford to cast it when u dont even know fight, and dont know when next dmg will happen..

So in THAT case its better to heal even with 90% reduced healing, then casting plea for few secs and letting people die.

Divine Protection or Avenging Wrath are 2 other better glyphs you can use instead of Plea, depend from fight to fight.. But its up to you and your playstyle...

Just wanted to explain why i personally dont like Plea glyph.
Aerisya
Aerisya

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerisya Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:50 pm

Declined. You know the reason why.
Aerisya
Aerisya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content