Dissolution Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðemonscream Affliction warlock [Declined]

+2
Zambilicious
Eslei
6 posters

Go down

Ðemonscream Affliction warlock [Declined] Empty Ðemonscream Affliction warlock [Declined]

Post by Ðemon Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:48 am

Character:

Race and Class: Undead Warlock

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Ðemonscream/simple

Spec that you're applying as: (Please include links to WOL logs of your recent performances)

affliction
Wlog link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-il53ah56yt8kqzf9/

Do you have an off spec? How good is your off spec gear?

ya demonology , same gear

Are you happy to respec and play to other specs if needed?:

ofc

What glyphs do you use and why?

Glyph of dark soul : for 3% haste
Glyph of soulshards : for additional soulshard
Glyph of siphon Life: for more self-healing on heavy damage encounters

/Played time on your character:

100 days 11 hours 4 minutes

What professions do you have? Why did you pick those professions?

Enchanting/Tailoring For awesome back enchant and 2 ring enchants

Do you have any alts you can bring in guild aswell? Armory Link (If your alt is 90 lvl).

nope

Personal Information

Your Name: Ahmed

Age & Gender: 22. Male

Where are you located?: Egypt

Why do you wish to join Dissolution?: cause i guess i meet the requirements to join it

Describe your internet connection and computer (inc net speed & download limit): MacBook Pro , 2Mb Download 0.97MB upload

Are you able to take criticism without causing a fuss?

of course

Have you ever taken a break from World of Warcraft and why?:

ya from TBC to 4.3 , my US account got hacked and decided to quit game by then

How much longer do you see yourself playing WoW?

Since 4.3

Raiding Information

Previous Guilds/Current Guild: (Include reason for leaving/desire to leave)

Empowered By jenkem: was just trail and they decided that they wont need me as they already got better warlock (gear / progress)

What was your guild rank? (gm, officer, member etc)

Trail

What pre TBC, BC, WOTLK, Cata, MOP raiding experience do you have?

TBC just magtheridon lair and some Battle of mount hayjal

Can you move out of fire/void zones on the ground in less than .001 sec?

ofc i can

Can you make all our raid nights?

99.99% of them

During raid, is it likely that you may need to go afk for dinner or similar at all? Are you an adult in control of your own playtime or is it dictated for you?

nah only 1 or 1.4 min to take a piss during wipes Smile

Link to a screenshot of your Raid UI (In combat if possible),

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/42/wowscrnshot020813000209.jpg/

Describe your key bindings and rotation.

i can't really describe a 32 key bind Very Happy
for rotation agony,UA,corruption up all the time huant when soulshards available + MG
soulburn+seed of corruption - multi-doting all targets for aoe fights

What addons do you use?

ShestakUI, DBM,Recount,tiptac

Are you willing to download/use all the necessary addons that are requied to raid with us?

as long as download link is available ya !

Are you comfortable with the fact that you may not always have a raid spot?

of course

Are you comfortable with the fact that you may have to go on alt during progression/farm raids?

if there is an alt yea i just transferred my main on kazzak

Do you have the habit of reading up on all new encounters? Do you stay up to date with class changes?

Like hell icy-viens is my browser homepage i even enjoy to read mechanics that isn't related to me as range dos

Other Information

Are you ok with golds? Can you afford repair + flask + pots?

ya

Do you have Mumble installed and a working microphone?

ya

Can you speak and understand English to a good level?

ya

Average Latency and FPS during raiding?

69 MS / 99 FPS

How did you get information about Dissolution?

nope just the thread sticked in the previous page

What sets you apart from other members of your class? (Describe yourself as a player).

Use to spam Fel Flame no other warlock do so.

What would you bring to Dissolution as a guild?

An active player and someone you can relay on.

What would you expect from Dissolution as a guild?

My main expectation is STABILITY and RELIABILITY with great PERFORMANCE.
These are three things I have missed in all of my preceding guilds. I have shown respect and loyalty to all of my guilds I have raided in and have not seen the same back. I also expect great players who are competitive to bring out the best DPS in me and play in general.

Have you read, and do you agree to, the guild policy?

ya

Anything in particular you feel you should add to your application?:

Ya, i am applying to other guilds at the same time i am applying here i just wanna find a guild to raid with to settle down and organise my raiding schedule cause i am heading back to university and wanna mange times ( raiding / real life commitments)

Ðemon

Back to top Go down

Ðemonscream Affliction warlock [Declined] Empty Re: Ðemonscream Affliction warlock [Declined]

Post by Eslei Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:43 am

Despite it being a little bare, thanks for the app! :}

We'll get our resident warlock to ask you a few quick questions but for now -

Looking through logs, you've only been potting once per fight. You'd be expected to both pre-pot and second pot each pull.

After a quick look at places online, it seems as if the Dark Soul glyph isn't very good as warlocks can get decent burst, meaning that 10% every few mins can go really well by stacking huge damage as opposed to a flat buff.

Also, you're 191 haste rating BELOW the breakpoint. This can be a major dps loss as you're wasting all that haste before the breakpoint.

Also 'What sets you apart from other members of your class? (Describe yourself as a player).
Use to spam Fel Flame no other warlock do so.'

This says to me that you do something that does the opposite of what most others will strive to achieve, which is maximum dps. Why would you spam fel flame and what does benefit does it bring that other warlocks don't know about?

Last thing, what settings do you run on to get 100fps on a MacBook Pro?

We'll get back to you shortly, thanks for the app.

Eslei
Admin

http://dissolutionkazzak.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Ðemonscream Affliction warlock [Declined] Empty Re: Ðemonscream Affliction warlock [Declined]

Post by Demon Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:40 pm

Looking through logs, you've only been potting once per fight. You'd be expected to both pre-pot and second pot each pull.

yea cause i only got few pots left on these fights

After a quick look at places online, it seems as if the Dark Soul glyph isn't very good as warlocks can get decent burst, meaning that 10% every few mins can go really well by stacking huge damage as opposed to a flat buff.

wasn't aware of that update ty Smile

lso, you're 191 haste rating BELOW the breakpoint. This can be a major dps loss as you're wasting all that haste before the breakpoint.

ya i will fix that just swapped my legs

Also 'What sets you apart from other members of your class? (Describe yourself as a player).
Use to spam Fel Flame no other warlock do so.'

actually i don't fully understand the question nor its point so like the fire/void zone question i answered

Last thing, what settings do you run on to get 100fps on a MacBook Pro?

good and some setting high and some low/disabled

Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambilicious Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Hey Ahmed,
I'm Zambi and a apparently i play a lock.
As Eslei told you before the glyph of dark soul is an overall dps loss, been like that ever since they put it in.
Most cases Glyph of Soul Swap is a dps increase, and should be taken instead of Siphon life.
You are under the haste break point which is a wastem you should try to get to one of the break points (either 4198 or 4717) as long as you have more mastery than haste, no use reforging completely out of mastery in order to reach the second point.
Fel Flame should be used to refresh you dots quickly when you get int procs, or if you need to dps on the move, but with Kil'jaeden's Cunning being the best talent for most fight, u should cast MG instead of fel flame for higher dps(not to mention FF drains your mana like a bitch)
As for your rotation: dark soul->SB:soul swap all your dots on the boss->haunt-> MG spam -> refresh dots when needed
your soul shards should only be used when you have 4 shards, or when you have int procs(it makes a huge difference).

Guess that's all from me .. for now Razz

Zambi OUT !

Zambilicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:32 pm

i guess i fixed it all up reforges/glyphs/talents ..etc u may check now if you have any further notes feel free to share it

Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunglove Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:24 pm

Hi!

What pre TBC, BC, WOTLK, Cata, MOP raiding experience do you have?

TBC just magtheridon lair and some Battle of mount hayjal

Can you explain more in detail about your previous experience because what you wrote in application just was not sufficient. Did you at all do any pre-nerf hardmodes?
To be frank, to me it does not seem you put a lot of work into your application.
Cheers
/Sam
Hunglove
Hunglove

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:01 am

Can you explain more in detail about your previous experience because what you wrote in application just was not sufficient. Did you at all do any pre-nerf hardmodes?
To be frank, to me it does not seem you put a lot of work into your application.[quote]

No, i did not do any pre-nerf Hardmodes and all the experience you ask for is without prove cause the character himself is lost now so it counts as nothing

and for the application sorry i am was in a bit of a hurry while applying u can help me if u found any mistake and some parts still not clear for ya

Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eslei Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:07 am

One main question then for you regarding the app.

We have had 2 warlocks in the past and have nothing wrong with it.

What makes you different or better than our current warlock?

Eslei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuzdot Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi,

For Zambi & You : Fel Flame is an horrible DPS Loss cuz you loose an horrible amount of Mana & a lot of time on your DoTs. U can notice on our previous logs that i've never used this spell.
Remove it from your Ui plz.

Soul Shards should be used whenever you have one. Not at four, cuz u can loose one proc of Nightfall. I do keep one when i feel i'll soon have a lot of Procs to get an huge burst (using an addon for Internal CD is really useful for that). Ifnot I use all of them, Haunt should have a good uptime (40% in worst case)

Moreover, I'd to know why did you take Haverst Life over Soul Leech ?

Cuzdot

Back to top Go down

Post by Xantîz Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:42 pm

well now i may be wrong but it appears that you already found another guild,and quite frankly im not impressed by your application and judging by the comments from both of our warlocks it seems that you need to work on your class knowledge and understanding,and please note that during progression in both 5.1 and 5.2 we will NOT be spending time teaching others how to do their best on each encounter.
ill let the officers have the last word on this.

/xan
Xantîz
Xantîz

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambilicious Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:50 pm

@Cuzdot .. actually using your shards when you have 4 up .. or when you have multiple int procs/dark soul is a bigger dps increase then having it up as much as possible, you don't have to trust me, this guy know what he\s talking more than any of us :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V-RH__DvKJ8

And not having FF on your bars is just fail, it's usefull in so many situation!

go learn you some

Zambilicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuzdot Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:51 pm

I didn't watch the video, because I don't see the point. If you have to keep 3 shards at everytime because you can't anticipate your own burst by watching your internal/DS cds ...

Haunt is used when :

1) You have 4 Shards
2) DoTs >8Sec
3) MG straight after

Uptime + Anticipation = Increase of DPS
Wasting Shards + Listening one PoV = Loss of DPS (You can't avoid that waste when you hit the EX Phase)

FF is useless, or tell me when I should have use it. I, basically, can replace any of your answers by "KJC". I guess so.

Cuzdot

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambilicious Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:40 pm

I base what i said on my own theorycrafting, PoV from some of the best players, and common sense. And basing your skill one one talent, even at times where others would be a dps boost (Mr."i'm not confident not using KJC") is just "WIN".

This has derailed too much, i bid you adieu !

Zambi OUT !

Zambilicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuzdot Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:14 pm

- I'm talking about overall Lock's DPS your own character isn't representative, like was mine.
- No one is keeping 3 Shards during all the fight because Haunt is not meant to high a burst but to high our overall DPS.
- You're ignoring Pandemic, you can still benefit from a Haunt after the Procs are gone

+ For Elegon, KCJ is better than Maght, so don't try to say "U can't play without KJC u're such a noob ^^^^^" whereas KCJ is by far the best talent for Lock with GoSac

Cuzdot

Back to top Go down

Post by Eslei Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:32 pm

Both of you leave this for the class forums :}

Demon- We'll get back to you soon.

Eslei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunglove Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:07 pm

Cuz COME BACK!
Hunglove
Hunglove

Back to top Go down

Ðemonscream Affliction warlock [Declined] Empty Alright

Post by Demon Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:31 am

alright ill put an end to this !

first i only use fel flame on 1 condition when UA/Corruption is about to expires while Agony still active fore more than it's half duration

the answered i provided in the application was ironic cause i simply don't understand the question nor its point

For the question : i am not better than any of your wlocks i never played/met any of them so i cant judge them so i am not different or to be more clear i can't feel myself different to something already unknown to me , i just need a reference to verify that adjective..

What Makes you accept me in your Guild : Simply i am normal guy enthusiast to clear every PVE content and looking to do that with stable,reliable guild which shares the same enthusiasm

Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuzdot Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:47 pm

Why I don't use FF :

Even without KJC, with Pandemic you barely have the time to cast UA (while Corruption is instant).
FF costs a lot of mana (so u'd have to use Connexion) + loss of DPS cuz with FF. U gain 6sec on a dot whereas by casting both speak it´s like 9sec ans 6sec more for less mana.

That's FF is a mistake ans should´t appear in a gameplay

Cuzdot

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerisya Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:53 pm

Declined bcs not fitting in our current roster atm.
Aerisya
Aerisya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down